....I leave for Baltimore, Maryland, Tuesday. Getting to fly far away couldn't come soon enough.
So much of me longs to be flying away to my home.
But of course I know that there is no such place, now, and I've been feeling the fact that I am an exile and longing for the city whose builder and maker is God, more than ever these days. And yet, in the midst of a dry and vague season I am eager to see if the Lord has a place where I can finally unpack my clothes into a dresser and dive into others' lives. Seattle, Minneapolis, Philadelphia....or who knows where.
I'm hoping that as I visit the east coast things will be made clear. I've been so confused, lately, about everything. I was once fairly confident that I had an idea of the path God had for me, even which desires of mine were His, too. Not so much, anymore.
But it is a sweet thing, because I know He will accomplish everything in His time.
All this to say I would love your prayers for me in the next two weeks, that I would feel a strong sense of where I should be in this next season, and even regarding the calling of my life.
Especially pertaining Philadelphia: I'm hoping to be able to take the train up to check out schools at sometime during the trip. If you actually read this blog, you probably know me well enough to know that I've been absolutely infatuated with this city ever since I was a little girl. I read books and books on the city of brotherly love as a second grader, cherished every story my nana told me about our Quaker abolitionist ancestors in Pennsylvania. In high school, I was convinced I was being led there for the sake of the kingdom among the arts and hip-hop communities. Needless to say, my dream might be a little shattered if I don't even like it. :)
On that note, I am grateful for you my dear friends! Especially if you have made it to the end of this post. Much love.
Grace and peace,
Rosie
Sunday, November 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
grace upon grace pours down indeed. Keep Faith in your creator, the God Man Jesus. I'll be praying :)
I'm glad you are following your dreams Rosie. May the Lord grant you favor from on high ;)
Post a Comment